and see what the
fun is all about!
Are you a Peaceful Person? Interested in becoming a part of the Peaceful Schools team?
We are now accepting applications for the following position:
- Family Engagement Coordinator for Building Men Program
Family Engagement Coordinator for Building Men Program
The purpose of the Family Engagement Coordinator is to cultivate effective school-to-career partnerships between the families of students active in the Building Men Program and the schools which they attend. These partnerships will be founded in respectful, trusting relationship forged between the staff and volunteers of the Building Men Program, school district and building personnel and the parents and guardians of students who join Building Men. The Family Engagement Coordinator will work closely with the Building Men Head Coach to support the achievement of the goals and objectives outlined in the grant application for the NYS My Brother’s Keeper Initiative.
Duties and responsibilities
- Schedule and conduct family partnership meetings to seek input related to the development of family engagement events, planning for communication with the families of Building Men, and forming a coalition of parents to participate in school policy discussions
- Schedule and conduct family engagement events
- Work collaboratively with school personnel to schedule and conduct policy level planning discussions
- Conduct home visits to gather information about the common barriers parents experience in relation to supporting their child’s connection to resources within the district and community and to recruit parents to participate in the policy dialogue
- Summarize information in response to common barriers experienced by parents and develop resources and information to be communicated through social media and public relation campaigns in collaboration with SCSD Communications department and individual building administrators for building specific communications
- Coordinate with Catholic Charities to reach the families of English Language Learners and support the translation of materials into languages accessible by all languages of students participating in Building Men
- Coordinate with SCSD mentoring program to request and track the matching of mentors
- Coordinate with SCSD Parent University to support the identification of topics requested through Building Men families for targeted workshops
- Promote better connections between families and SCSD staff
- Schedule and conduct professional development to SCSD staff on building respectful and trusting relationships with parents and guardians.
- Schedule and Conduct Training opportunities for families to work on their own literacy, advocacy and problem solving
- Host parent-child events to promote collaborative learning
- Masters Degree in Education, Psychology, Human Services or related educational field
- Specialization in adult education, adult literacy and family systems preferred
- Experience working in a K-12 setting preferred
- Knowledge and experience planning and conducting professional development or large group presentation
- Computer and social media literate including basics in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and on-line media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Working conditions & Physical requirements
- Full-time, salary position
- The position will require NYS Drivers License and ability to easily travel between Peaceful Schools main office and each school site
- Day-to-Day schedule will be determined based on hours of the program and availability of parents and families. It is anticipated that the position will require evening and weekend availability to conduct events and meet with parents outside of the typical work day schedule
Interested applicants should submit resume and cover letter to shawnf AT peacefulschools.com. Please highlight your relevant experience in your letter. All applicants will receive a confirmation email upon receipt. Peaceful Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Application deadline: May 1, 2017
Peaceful Schools provides comprehensive social-emotional education and conflict resolution products and services. To learn more, please visit www.peacefulschools.com.
Peaceful Schools is committed to giving everyone the power to be peaceful.